This new year, have you been thinking about new ways to take care of yourself? Maybe you’ve made a new years resolution to involve more self-care in your routine, but you’re not sure where to start? Or maybe you find it hard to relax without a bit of fun or guidance?
Here are some online resources to help you make gentle goals for the future, relax in the present, and start to understand your past.
– #SelfCare, which has mindfulness games, some light meditation, and very gentle puzzles.
– Aloe Bud, which helps you to set very manageable and gentle self-care and mindfulness goals.
Attention Span Apps
– Forest, which grows a virtual and real life tree while helping you stay offline (it’s helpful if you find yourself ‘doomscrolling’).
– Lumosity, which gives you low-stakes games that improve your memory and attention span. There’s a paid version but the free version works just fine.
– Insight, which has a huge amount of meditations on file, from long guided meditations to short periods of calm.
– Headspace, which focuses on reducing stress and encouraging sleep.
– Meditation Minis, which is a podcast with lots of short, guided meditations.
– Sleep Cove, which is meditative ‘bedtime stories’ to help you relax and/or sleep.
– Stuck Not Broken, which is about understanding and working with trauma.
– The Empty Bowl, which is a cosy, calm, meditative podcast about American cereal. It sounds weird but it’s very soothing!
– The Food Psych Podcast, which is about making peace with food abd body issues.
– Therapy For Black Girls, which is a mental health podcast by and for Black women.
I hope this has given you some new ideas for self-care in the new year! If you’d like to give yourself the ultimate self-care, therapy with me can give you new tools to keep caring for yourself. You can get in touch to find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and saying hello!