This new year, have you been thinking about new ways to take care of yourself? Maybe you’ve made a new years resolution to involve more self-care in your routine, but you’re not sure where to start? Or maybe you find it hard to relax without a bit of fun or guidance?
Here are some online resources to help you make gentle goals for the future, relax in the present, and start to understand your past.
Attention Span Apps
– Forest, which grows a virtual and real life tree while helping you stay offline (it’s helpful if you find yourself ‘doomscrolling’).
– Lumosity, which gives you low-stakes games that improve your memory and attention span. There’s a paid version but the free version works just fine.
– Insight, which has a huge amount of meditations on file, from long guided meditations to short periods of calm.
– Headspace, which focuses on reducing stress and encouraging sleep.
– Meditation Minis, which is a podcast with lots of short, guided meditations.
– Sleep Cove, which is meditative ‘bedtime stories’ to help you relax and/or sleep.
– Stuck Not Broken, which is about understanding and working with trauma.
– The Empty Bowl, which is a cosy, calm, meditative podcast about American cereal. It sounds weird but it’s very soothing!
– The Food Psych Podcast, which is about making peace with food abd body issues.
– Therapy For Black Girls, which is a mental health podcast by and for Black women.
I hope this has given you some new ideas for self-care in the new year! If you’d like to give yourself the ultimate self-care, therapy with me can give you new tools to keep caring for yourself. You can get in touch to find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and saying hello!